Gannett Fleming’s specialists have the in-depth knowledge to excel on the most challenging geotechnical assignments. We provide innovative solutions for foundations, underground construction, earth structures, groundwater resources, and marginal building sites. Our geotechnical engineers and geologists specialize in landslides, sinkholes, mine subsidence, seepage, expansive soils, and seismic activity. We have completed more than 1,000 subsurface and geophysical projects across the U.S. – from small-scale projects to large, complex dams, highways, bridges, and underground structures.
Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Pittsburgh, PA office.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will assist in the completion of geotechnical projects within a wide variety of business sectors, with a focus in water resources, dam and navigational structure engineering, and soil-structure interaction. You should possess experience with the planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs; completion of various geotechnical analyses and design including seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, and retaining structures; development of construction plans and specification deliverables; and performing dam and levee safety inspections.
- Perform geotechnical calculations for various projects including, but not limited to seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, tieback anchors, soil nails, slope stability design and/or stabilization.
- Perform dam and levee safety inspections.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and documentation, geotechnical correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the planning of subsurface explorations and laboratory testing investigations.
- Execute subsurface investigations in support of geotechnical design and evaluation efforts including test boring inspection, site reconnaissance, and other means of data collection as required.
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of various projects.
- Travel requirement: approximately 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- 10+ years of geotechnical experience with an emphasis in subsurface exploration and/or design and development of geotechnical deliverables including reports, drawings, and specifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with common geotechnical software programs such as Geostudio, SLIDE, LPILE, GROUP, GRLWEAP, CRSP, and / or gINT
- Geotechnical field experience including test boring inspection, test pit observation, geophysical collection, and geological reconnaissance
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong leadership ability and personal initiative. The candidate is expected to have a genuine interest in geotechnical engineering and will be responsible for mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Master’s Degree with a Geotechnical focus
- Specific experience working on USACE projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Field experience with construction observation activities, including deep and shallow foundations, retaining walls, heavy civil earthwork, and / or site dewatering
Apply Here: https://careers-gannettfleming.icims.com/jobs/5683/senior-geotechnical-engineer/job?mode=view