Lake Superior Consulting, LLC (LSC) is a growing engineering consulting firm in the Energy Industry with regional offices throughout the country. We are a rapidly expanding and are seeking a Civil Engineer to play a key role in our Canonsburg regional office!
The Civil Engineer III will be responsible for project engineering in our growing Facilities Engineering group. This person will plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaption of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. The Engineer will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Perform civil design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Layout and detail entire projects as an Engineer of Record or portions of projects under the supervision of the Engineer of Record
- Provide CAD drawings or sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
- Research design options and document findings for Engineer of Record
- Review shop drawings
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Direct and supervise other Designer’s/Drafter’s activities as needed
- Attend and participate in Client meetings
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field conditions; taking and verifying measurements within project area
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents
- Serve as the project engineer by leading design and engineering effort, and managing proposed schedule and budget throughout each project
- Work either independently or closely with others in a team environment on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 3+ years’ experience as a civil engineer
- PE (licensed in any state) preferred, EIT required
- Track record of successful completion of projects
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with others
- Preferred experience with engineering/design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, etc.
- Understand 2-D and 3-D drafting techniques
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (nine per year)
To apply: Visit our website: www.lsconsulting.com or send resume directly to: email@example.com