Civil (Cost) Engineer
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, Engineering and Construction Division, Technical Design Section, Navigation Design Branch
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Series and Grade: GS-0810-11/12
Salary Range: $62,779 to $97,852 per year
Open Period: 1/14/2019 to 1/28/2019
Job Announcement Number: SWGJ192891147240D (public) https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521389900
Please see the advertisement posted on USAJOBS.gov for required qualifications and instructions on applying. Create an account on USAJOBS.gov and search the Job Announcement Number.
The website link to the job posting is: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521389900
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
Relocation/Recruitment/Retention/Student Loan Repayment incentive(s) MAY BE authorized to highly qualified candidate.
About the Position: Serves as a civil engineering specialist with responsibility for developing cost estimates for large and complex civil works systems and components used in civil projects, powerhouses, recreation facilities, navigation projects, and local flood protection projects.
Your duties will include the following:
- Develops detailed cost estimates from construction contractors viewpoint requiring a careful analysis and comprehensive evaluation of numerous factors under differing and complicating circumstances.
- Participate as a member of multi-discipline teams and is responsible for all cost estimates throughout the length a project.
- Prepares initial estimates for use in developing conceptual proposals, planning alternatives, preliminary designs, additive bid items, modifications, claims, negotiations, awards, terminations, etc.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of construction contract networks or schedules.
- Makes field trips for site investigations and project studies, recommends cost effective changes to features of work.
- Perform technical cost analysis and evaluations of contractor’s proposals.
About the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In 2015, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. From this list, the Corps ranked
#10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Homepage: http://www.lrp.usace.army.mil Twitter: https://twitter.com/PittsburghUSACE
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PittsburghUSACE Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghcorps
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide.