Manager Civil Site/Design Section
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, Engineering and Construction Division, Civil Design Section, Navigation Design Branch
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Series and Grade: GS-0810-13
Salary Range: $89,506 to $116,358 per year
Open Period: 08/23/2018 to 09/06/2018
Job Announcement Number: SWGJ180424186883D (public) https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508606600
Please see the advertisement posted on USAJOBS.gov for required qualifications and instructions on applying. Create an account on USAJOBS.gov and search the Job Announcement Number.
The website link to the job posting is:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
Relocation/Recruitment/Retention/Student Loan Repayment incentive(s) MAY BE authorized to highly qualified candidate.
Your duties will include the following:
- Provide civil site and civil engineering services for new construction and rehabilitations on river navigation (locks and dams), flood control reservoirs, recreational, and local flood protection projects.
- Plans, coordinates, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in civil site/design and preparation of contract plans and specifications, layouts, technical reports, feasibility reports, studies, and other engineering documents.
- Assign work to subordinates based on work priorities, selective considerations of the difficulty and requirements of the assignments, and the capability of employees.
- Provides guidance and technical support in a variety of civil engineering areas such as:
- Grading and earthwork design; roadways, paving, intersection, parking, and boat ramp design; site development, drainage, grading and earthwork design;
- General geotechnical and hydraulic engineering design; stormwater management; permitting and erosion and sedimentation control;
- General concrete and steel design; utility layout and relocations; channel and stream restoration; topographic mapping and survey data;
- Alignment and profiles of locks and dams; slope stabilization and protection; retaining and floodwalls; levees and channels.
About the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In 2015, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide.