Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is looking for a Civil Engineer.
To apply and full details see website.
The Engineer will design projects in civil and transmission line engineering.
Transmission Line Engineering (25%) – The engineer designs and prepares construction drawings for electrical power lines of 138kV and 345kV voltages. This includes plan and profiles drawings, sag tables, bill of materials. The Engineer must be knowledgeable in transmission line design philosophies, constructability of the transmission lines, and regulatory requirements. The Engineer must be proficient in PLS-CADD, TOWER, PLS-Pole, and MFAD.
- Structural Engineering (25%) – The Engineer designs and prepares construction drawings for concrete foundations, breaker beams, and structural connections. The Engineer prepares bill of materials lists, drawings, and work with DLC Shops to purchase and fabricate the items. RISA 3D expertise preferred. The Engineer ensures that sound engineering principles are employed in accordance with all applicable Duquesne Light Company standards and federal, state, and local codes - ASCE, AISC, ASTM, ANSI, OSHA, etc…
- Project Management (25%) – The Engineer must be able to manage large scale design projects that are outsourced to vendors. Responsibilities include attending meetings, answering emails, providing standards, managing the design deliverable schedule, reviewing all vendor deliverables, and managing invoices.
- Standards (5%) – The Engineer is involved in developing company standards for civil engineering and transmission line engineering designs. The Engineer works collaboratively with other engineers and DLC departments to develop documents, standards, and process improvements.
- Field Investigations (20%) – The Engineer must visit the field to support current construction projects, maintenance emergent work, field verification, field inspection, construction inspection, etc… The Engineer must be available to visit the field (including weekends and evenings) in support of emergent work.
- The Engineer provides thorough updates on a weekly, monthly and annual basis for the work plan to the Manager. The Engineer participates in the Civil & Transmission Line Engineering staff meetings. The Engineer attends external and internal civil engineering design courses. The Engineer provides direction to junior engineers on engineering designs