Senior Mechanical Engineer – Canonsburg, PA
Apply with resume at company website or fax resumes to 724-752-8666.
- Full Time Position
- Competitive compensation, based on experience.
Heyl & Patterson Equipment, a Division of Hall Group, provides high quality, reliable, custom-engineered solutions that industries worldwide trust to keep their business moving forward. Founded in 1887, Heyl & Patterson is a world leader in Bulk Material Handling equipment for the power, mining, metals, grain, railroad, and port/terminal markets.
Heyl & Patterson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team located in Canonsburg, PA. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will perform engineering duties for the supply of heavy industrial equipment from design concept to detailed design, through manufacturing and installation/commissioning.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities but not limited to:
· Includes basic engineering, directing drafters and designers in creation of detail, assembly and/or arrangement drawings, as well as checking of drawings for accuracy
· Perform mechanical equipment sizing calculations based on reference information and assist in preparation of equipment technical specifications and requisitions for procurement and fabrication
· Support proposal engineering in creation of concepts, designs, layouts, and pricing
· Calculation of weights, forces, reactions, stress analysis, system inertia, power requirements, bearing loading and life, and time studies as required
- Coordinate and monitor with project management during manufacturing including shop progress, QA and final equipment inspections
- Assist in equipment installation and commissioning as necessary
Senior Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of five years of experience in machine design.
- Experience with bulk material handling/heavy machinery/mining/steel industry equipment a plus
- Willing to travel for equipment shop and site inspections, troubleshooting, and support of sales team in pre-project effort (approximately 10% - 15%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- “Hands-on” person with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D software, drawing capability a plus
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good commercial awareness
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Full Benefits including health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, company paid long-term and short-term disability, 401k (matching), paid holidays and vacation, HSA, Referral Program.
Great Work Environment
Company's Facebook page:
Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer