Log in
American Society of Civil Engineers Pittsburgh Section

ASCE Member Login

Log in

Environmental Scientist/Engineer with Hedin Environmental

  • 21 Jul 2021 10:57 AM
    Message # 10765607

    To apply and for more information visit 

    Title:  Environmental Scientist/Engineer

    Required Experience: 

    Bachelor of Science degree in earth sciences, engineering, environmental science, or related field

    At least 3 years of experience in environmental consulting


    Hedin Environmental is seeking a mid-level Environmental Scientist/Engineer to assist in the design of passive mine drainage treatment systems. The ideal candidate will be comfortable developing a project from beginning to end including water sampling, treatment concept development, permitting, construction plan development, and construction oversight. The employee’s primary responsibilities will be developing treatment system plans and permitting packages by working closely with other Hedin Environmental staff.

    The position is approximately 25% field work involving water sampling, site assessments, and construction oversight across western and central Pennsylvania. The remaining 75% will involve the design and permitting of passive mine water treatment systems. The employee will be expected to work remotely with support from Hedin Environmental (e.g. office equipment), while participating in regular online conferencing meetings. The ideal candidate will be located in western or central Pennsylvania and be comfortable with remote and independent work.

    1 file

Forum Topic

Untitled Document

© 2023 ASCE Pittsburgh Section. All Rights Reserved. 

American Society of Civil Engineers - Pittsburgh Section
PO Box 165
Wexford, PA 15090

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software