Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a key position as a Civil/Structural Engineering Manager at our regional office in Canonsburg, PA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical and supervisory management of the Civil/Structural team at LSC. The Civil/Structural engineering team supports the entire company for design and other related projects in the execution of consulting and construction work. The position will be responsible for performing engineering analysis and reports, project management, as well as management of the team of both direct and indirect reports.
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians for engineering consulting work.
- Ability to provide engineering responsibilities for estimating, contracting, design, construction management, integrity management, or commissioning functions for projects involving pipelines and related facilities.
- Lead business development efforts related to civil or structural engineering opportunities
- Willingness to provide technical assistance to Engineering and Operations Departments to resolve operating problems or to establish best operating practices.
- Accurately complete projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs.
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Perform basic modifications to computer aided design (CAD) and drafting functions to assist in completion of project deliverables.
- Perform design analyses and write technical reports.
- Prepare survey and design reports and final project reports.
- Provide direction to more junior personnel. Professional Engineers will be required to approve and stamp engineering designs.
- 5 years of progressive civil and/or structural engineering experience
- Proven leadership experience, either leading a team and/or leading complex projects
- Strong project management capability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to diverse needs and changing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer licensure preferred.
- Ability to work in group settings with a project team.
- Competency with Microsoft office suite (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Energy Industry Experience required.
- Proven ability to independently perform engineering design functions.
- Willingness to travel. The position will typically require less than 25% travel, but could be more intensive at times.
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (nine per year)
To apply: Visit our website: www.lsconsulting.com or send resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org