2019 Award Winners Announced!
ASCE Pittsburgh Section recognizes projects, people, and employers for their achievements and contributions to the section and civil engineering practice in 2019. These awards will be presented at the Engineers Week Awards Banquet on February 15, 2020. Online Registration now open.
- Civil Engineering Achievement Award: State 6219 Section 020 (US 219) - PennDOT District 9, LR Kimball, Joseph B Fay Company, New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.
- Award of Merit: Poplar Street Storm Sewer Installation Project - Green Tree Borough, PennDOT, ALCOSAN
- Civil Engineer of the Year: Michael Lichte, PE – ALCOSAN
- Journalism Award: Jamie Martines - Pittsburgh Tribune Review
- Professor of the Year: Dr. Sean Qian – CMU
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year: Jefferson Argyros, PE – Arcadis
- Young Government Civil Engineer of the Year: Gregory Braun, PE – USACE Pittsburgh District
- Employer of the Year: American Geotechnical & Environmental Services
For more information on the awards, please see the awards criteria:
Student Awards Foundation
Applications for the 2019-2020 SAF awards are Due January 10th. Hard copy and electronic submissions accepted. See Application Form for details.
- Application Form - Includes list of requirements and eligibility criteria
- Application Excel - 1 part of the application
2018 Winners Announced!Congratulations to the 2018 Award winners! ASCE Pittsburgh Section Awards were presented as part of our Engineers’ Week celebration in February 2019! Click on the award title for information on award criteria and past awardees.
Liberty Bridge Project - Owner: PennDOT District 11-0, Prime Consultant: HDR, Prime Contractor: Joseph B Fay Company
Route 30 Landslide Remediation - Owner: PennDOT District 11-0. Prime Consultant: Gannett Fleming, Prime Contractor: Golden Triangle Construction Company
Centre & Herron Green Stormwater Infrastructure Project - Owner: Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority, Prime Consultant: Wood Group, Prime Contractor: Vigliotti Landscape & Construction.
Not presented in 2018
Sandie Egley, Beaver County Commissioner
Ed Blazina, Transportation Writer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
To learn more about Michael A. Gross, please see this article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Not presented in 2018
Professor Costa Samaras, PhD, LEED, FE - Carnegie Mellon University
Not Presented in 2018
George Gardner, PE, PLS - Mine Safety and Health Administration
Sylvia Yunlin Sun, PE. - i+icon USA
David Adam Dzombak, PhD, PE, BCEE, DWRE, NAE - Carnegie Mellon University
William Trimbath, PE