2020 Award Nominations Open!
ASCE Pittsburgh Section recognizes projects, people, and employers for their achievements and contributions to the section and civil engineering practice. These awards will be celebrated during Engineers Week in February 2021. Nominations should be send to Bob Dengler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the awards, please see the awards criteria:
Student Awards Foundation
Applications for the 2020-2021 SAF awards are Due January 11th. Hard copy and electronic submissions accepted. See Application Form for details.
- Application Form - Includes list of requirements and eligibility criteria
- Application Excel - 1 part of the application
2019 Winners Announced!Congratulations to the 2019 Award winners! ASCE Pittsburgh
Section Awards were presented as part of our Engineers’ Week celebration in February 2020! Click on the award title for information on award criteria and past awardees.
- Civil Engineering Achievement Award: State 6219 Section 020 (US 219) - PennDOT District 9, LR Kimball, Joseph B Fay Company, New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.
- Award of Merit: Poplar Street Storm Sewer Installation Project - Green Tree Borough, PennDOT, ALCOSAN
- Civil Engineer of the Year: Michael Lichte, PE – ALCOSAN
- Journalism Award: Jamie Martines - Pittsburgh Tribune Review
- Professor of the Year: Dr. Sean Qian – CMU
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year: Jefferson Argyros, PE – Arcadis
- Young Government Civil Engineer of the Year: Gregory Braun, PE – USACE Pittsburgh District
- Employer of the Year: American Geotechnical & Environmental Services
Additional information on each award can be found by clicking the award title.
To learn more about Michael A. Gross, please see this article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.