Civil Engineer/Civil Site Designer
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, Engineering and Construction Division, Civil Design Section, Navigation Design Branch
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Series and Grade: GS-0810-12
Salary Range: $76,653 to $99,652 per year
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
Relocation/Recruitment/Retention/Student Loan Repayment incentive(s) MAY BE authorized to highly qualified candidate.
- Provide senior level civil site/civil engineering services for new construction and rehabilitation on river navigation (locks and dams), flood control reservoirs, recreational, levee systems, streambank protection and local flood protection projects.
- Perform analysis and design on using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience a variety of civil engineering areas such as:
- grading and earthwork design; roadways, paving, intersection, parking, and boat ramp design; site development, drainage, grading and earthwork design;
- general geotechnical and hydraulic engineering design;
- stormwater management;
- permitting and erosion and sedimentation control;
- general concrete and steel analysis & design;
- utility layout and relocations;
- channel and stream restoration;
- topographic mapping and survey data;
- alignment and profiles;
- slope stabilization and protection;
- retaining and floodwalls;
- levees and channels.
- Computer skills: Civil3D, Microsoft, Autodesk, Bentley InRoads/OpenRoads
- Serve as the Technical Lead by leading design and engineering efforts such as d managing proposed schedule, budget, scope and technical quality throughout each project.
- Perform field inspections and providing support during construction activities of own designs.
- Work either independently and/or closely with others in a team environment.
Please contact Steve Stoltz if interested in the position.
About the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In 2015, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghcorpsCivilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide.